Be at least 21 years of age or older.
Live within 50 miles of Bakersfield.
Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
Possess an automobile in good mechanical condition.
Possess automobile insurance with at least minimum limits.
Have no convictions other than minor traffic violations
(Note: Individuals not meeting qualifications may qualify through an exemption.).
Be able to support a child for up to 45 days after initial placement.
Can be single or married.
A. Orientation and Training. Couples are both required to fulfill training requirements. Single individuals may complete the application as a single person. The applicant(s) must:
1. Attend orientation.
2. Complete an 18 hour training program.
3. Complete First Aid and CPR course.
4. Complete a Water Safety Certification course.
B. Fingerprint Clearances:
1. Submit to Live Scan fingerprinting.
2. Provide Criminal Record Statement and meet with KBYH Social Worker to discuss any criminal convictions.
3. All persons living in the home who are 18 years of age or older must be fingerprinted.
C. Application Packet
1. Applicants must complete a KBYH application packet. For couples, both applicants are required to complete the application packet.
D. Facility. The facility to be approved may be the applicant’s home or rental. Please note the following:
1. The facility must undergo and pass a facility inspection. Any discrepancies must be corrected before a approval may be granted.
2. Children will not be placed in a facility which has not been issued a valid approval.
3. Applicant(s) residing in rentals, apartments or other facilities which are not owned by the applicant(s) must obtain permission to operate a resource home (care for foster children on premises) in writing from the landlord or owner.
Copyright © 2023 Kern Bridges Youth Homes - All Rights Reserved.
Website designed and hosted by MayDayMarketing.com.